MAZZA League Fantasy Football Constitution
- Article I – League Members
- Article II – League Entry Fees & Dues
- Article III – Prize Payout Structure
- Article IV – Playoff Configuration
- Article V – Draft Order Determination
- Article VI –Rules
- Article VII – Scoring Settings
We the People of the Mazza League, in order to form the best fantasy football league ever, establish the Mazza League, promise to defend their team in the best possible way, come to the draft after studying for hours and fully prepared, will adhere to all rules and play honorably, provide adequate time to the league that is needed, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Mazza Fantasy Football League in order to obtain the ultimate prize known as the Big Kibbeh.
The Mazza Fantasy Football League was created in 2007 with a select group of guys dedicated and devoted to fantasy football. They are known as the “core nine” and are founding fathers to the league. These brave gentlemen joined the league with the ultimate goal of winning the championship at any costs. They devoted tireless efforts and exhibit the utmost respect for the league at all times. The pride obtained from winning the Mazza League has not been taken lightly by any of the core nine. The core nine will always be a part of the league regardless of their current status. They made the league what it is and will never be forgotten.
In 2012 we finalized a group of 12 members that we had hoped would consider the Mazza patrons for the next 50 years. This occurred at the same time when the Mazza league instituted a rule of no partners. Following the 2014 season, one of our beloved members, retired from fantasy football. It was the first instance and we hope it will never happen again, but we formed a new group of 12 known as the Dozen of Mazza. These members vowed to make this league the best possible league and do whatever is needed to achieve that goal.
Article I – League Members
League Commissioner: Dag
The Commissioner is the executive, governmental, judicial, and administrative branch of the MAZZA league government. He is here to keep peace and harmony. The Commissioner makes decisions, executes decisions, carries out rules, maintains the validity of rosters, investigates any rules violations, handles all other matters pertaining to the league.
The Commissioner is appointed for life. A new Commissioner can take office only when/if Dag dec
ides to step down. The current commissioner can appoint a Co-Commish if he chooses to do so without consent and may also appoint anyone as the new commissioner. The commissioner has appointed Nissim Alouf to be Co-Commish at this time. At no point will there be a league vote regarding any Commissioner matters. Matters pertaining to the game include, but are not limited to, the following: Transactions, Rules, Decisions regarding ownership, Conflict within the league.
During the season, all questionable, or otherwise unethical, transactions are subject to approval by the Commissioner as needed. The commissioner reserves the right to create rules at any point in the season that is needed to benefit the league.
For league-specific issues, please contact the league commissioner first. If the league commissioner is unavailable, contact the co-commish. If you cannot contact a commissioner or co-commissioner, and your issue is time-sensitive (for instance, if you are requesting a roster modification because you don’t have access to the Internet), please just e-mail both the commissioner and the co-commish before the specific issue takes place and they will decide if anything will be done retroactively.
Members of the Core Nine:
|Stanley J Cohen||Nissim Alouf||Steven Harari|
|Ezra Shiram||Michael Douek||David M Tawil|
|Moses Safdieh||Charles J Zami||Dag|
|Stanley J Cohen||Michael Douek|
|Ezra Shiram||Charles J Zami|
|Moses Safdieh||Steven Harari|
|Nissim Alouf||Yossi Abadi|
|Morris Shalom||Albert Savdie|
Honored Members of the Mazza League
David M Tawil
Booted Members from the Mazza League
|Danny Sasson||Sam Beda||Joey Bagdadi|
|Sammy Calvo||Abie Sutton||Menashe Gaiero|
Article II – League Entry Fees & Dues
The following fees will be collected yearly to finance league operations and prizes.
Entry Fee: $300 plus league dues.
The league entry fee is comprised of a base $300 fee. There are league fees due every year as well to cover any costs of the league (trophy plates, draft board, draft game preparations etc.) League fees vary depending on what is in store for the following year.
Article III – Prize Payout Structure
Our league awards cash prizes to the league winner, best season record, weekly winners and 2nd place. The dollar amounts may vary from year to year. League fee will not increase unless majority of the league agrees to an increase.
1st Place – $1800
2nd Place – $880
Best Season Record – $400
$300 league fee x 12 players = $3600 total
Weekly Winners – $40 each
$40 x 13 weeks = $520
$520 + $400 + $1800 + $880 = $3000
This structure can be changed anytime before the season starts. Any suggestions are welcome.
Method of payments accepted:
Article IV – Playoff Configuration
The league will implement a 6 team Championship playoff bracket. The top 2 teams will get a bye for week 14. Team 3 will play Team 6 and Team 4 will play Team 5 in the week 14 playoff matchup. The winners will advance to play the top 2 teams in week 15. The 2 winners will play for the championship week 16 for the big kibbeh trophy.
This league will also implement a 6-team Loser playoff bracket. The loser of the week 16 game will have their name on the toilet bowl trophy.
Article V – Draft Order Determination
Each year, the draft position for each fantasy team will be determined based on a random fun idea that will be created by the commissioner. Ideas are welcome and hopefully will vary from year to year.
Article VI –Rules
- A team must draft a full roster during the Mazza Draft. They must consist of these roster positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T FLEX, Q/W/R/T FLEX, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN.
- At no point, can any team member have a partner without written consent from the commissioner and co-commish. If any team is found to have any other partner, they risk their position in the mazza dozen.
- There are no maximum moves or maximum trades in our league.
- Trade deadline will always be week 9 of the NFL season. The deadline for trades will be that Sunday 12PM. This will always be the trade deadline, regardless of what date it says on the yahoo site.
- The 6 teams that do not make the playoffs will be locked for the entire duration of the playoffs. Teams will not get locked once they are mathematically eliminated from playoffs. All locked teams will start following week 13 and once the standings are finalized.
- Trades are accepted by the commissioner or the co-commish. There is absolutely no voting regarding any trades by league members. The commissioner has the right to veto any trade for any reason. Most trades will be accepted as long as both parties understand what they are trading and how it impacts their team and league.
6a. Any trade must be announced in the Mazza Whatsapp chat as soon as it is pending on yahoo.
7. Players can be traded to any team before the trading deadline. Once a player is traded to another team, if they are returned to the original team within 3 weeks, there is a $30 cash penalty that must be paid to the league by both teams, which will in turn be used for next year league dues. This is to prevent players from being “rented” to other teams. (AKA “The Yossi Rule”)
7a. If a player is traded to a team and then dropped – the original team can pick him up without paying any penalty. This is because the player can be picked up by anyone at any point.
8. FAAB dollars are allowed to be traded, but only if players are being given up by both sides. A player cannot be traded straight up for FAAB dollars.
9. You can only trade up to 50% of your FAAB dollar balance.
10. If teams have deals in principle to trades players back and forth and one team backs out of a deal after the trade is accepted, the commissioner has no power to force a player to make the 2nd agreed upon trade.
11. All players will always be on waivers and will be picked up daily through our waiver Faab system. Top waiver priority will win any tie between two bids. The waiver system will be Yahoo’s Continual rolling list. Waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.
11a. Any dropped player shall remain on waivers for at least 1 full day.
11b. Waivers will be processed every day, except for Monday & Tuesday.
12. A player who has played on TNF cannot be picked up nor dropped from a team, even if the yahoo system allows such a pickup.
13. If a TNF player is picked up, the transaction will not be reversed. The picked up player will be dropped and both players will remain on waivers until Wednesday. If FAAB was used to pick up that TNF player, it will not be refunded. This rule will apply to any games before Sunday morning. (AKA “The MoShal Rule”)
14. Once a player is dropped, he is available for anyone to place a waiver claim. The player can be picked up by anyone by placing a waiver claim. If the player was dropped by accident, the member who dropped him can pick him up by placing a waiver claim for that player.
15. A full team must be started by a manager. A team must have a full roster of 11 startable players come Sunday morning (excluding potential injured players).
16. If any player on your roster is announced out on game day and you would like to make an emergency pick up, I will manually process the move for you, however that player must be inserted into your lineup and started. The guy you dropped will be available to anyone in regular FAAB bidding on Tuesday night. This rule will not apply for a defense pickup. Even if a defensive player is announced out and you want to change defenses. This player that is picked up cannot be traded to any other team on that Sunday. He needs to be started on the picked up team. The player picked up also must replace the same position as the player announced out. If a WR is announced out, you cannot pick up a RB or QB as a replacement, even if this is in your flex spot. (AKA “The Q Rule”)
17. If a team does not have a complete lineup by Sunday after waivers are done by Yahoo, and the manager made a mistake with waiver calculations or by dropping a player accidentally, but he wants to correct this mistake, he can tell the commish to make a pickup for him manually. The team will be penalized from picking up players on Day 1 (Wednesday) of the following week. The team will also be fined $30 CASH and lose 10% of his FAAB for the season. The fine will go towards league dues, either for current year or next. (AKA “The AlSav Rule”)
18. If a team does not have a complete lineup by Sunday after waivers are done by Yahoo, and the manager made a mistake with waiver calculations or by dropping a player accidentally, or if he chooses specifically not to make a pickup for whatever reason or neglects his team purposely and this manager doesn’t tell the commish to make a pickup for him for whatever reason such as he doesn’t want to drop a guy, the commish will manually make a pickup for the position needed. The commish will pickup the highest projected player on yahoo for that specific position for that team. If it is a flex position, the highest overall player on Yahoo waivers will be picked up for that week. The dropped player will be the guy with the lowest projected total for the remainder of the season. The team will be penalized from picking up players on Day 1 (Wednesday) of the following 2 weeks. The team will also be fined $30 CASH and lose 25% of his FAAB for the season. The fine will go towards league dues, either for current year or next.
19. If an owner does have a complete team on Sunday but has a roster slot open in his starting lineup and he has a backup player (not on bye, or OUT) available on their bench and chooses not to start him either by accident or purposely, then the commissioner can insert the available player in the open roster slot. If two eligible bench players exist then the player with the highest projected point output by Yahoo for that week should be inserted into the starting lineup. The team will be penalized and will no longer be allowed to pick up players on Day 1 (Wednesday) of FAAB for the next 2 weeks. The team will also be fined $30 CASH and lose 25% of his FAAB for the season. The fine will go towards league dues, either for current year or next.
20. If a team “checks out” for any reason during the season, the commissioner has the right to start a team’s optimal projected lineup. The commissioner will not pickup or drop players for this member (Unless there is no complete lineup, in which commish will pick up players on Thursday for this team). If this rule is enforced, the member will most likely be booted from the league.
21. If for any reason, you are unable to set your lineup or make a change, please e-mail or call the commissioner and confirm the change you would like to be made, before any game has started. The commissioner will retroactively set the lineup to your desired lineup as long as there is proof that contact was made before a game started.
22. The person to finish with the lowest point total for the week shall be responsible to write, voice note or send a video recap of the week. This must be received no later than Tuesday night 11 PM. Any member who does not abide by this rule will lose 50% of their FAAB and be locked from picking up players for the following week. Extension can be granted if requested and approved by commish.
22a. If the person has no FAAB and does not care to write an article, they will lose 10 points from the following weeks matchup.
23. The person to finish with the 2nd lowest point total for the week shall be responsible to write, voice note or send a video preview of the coming week. This must be received no later than Tuesday night 11 PM. Any member who does not abide by this rule will lose 50% of their FAAB and be locked from picking up players for the following week. Extension can be granted if requested and approved by commish.
23a. If the person has no FAAB and does not care to write an article, they will lose 10 points from the following weeks matchup.
24. In the event there is a tie in the playoffs, the tiebreaker will be best regular season record vs that opponent.
25. There is no voting in this league for league matters, trade objections or any other rule. Please bring any suggestions to the commissioner or co-commish and they will make all final decisions.
26. If a player gets suspended by the NFL, they can be dropped and kept on waivers for you until they are reinstated back into the league. This does not apply to players that are drafted with a suspension pending already. This is only for new suspensions that occur after our Mazza Draft.
27. Last place for the 13 week regular season, will be known as the Sticker Bitch and will be required to post all the stickers on the draft board for the next years draft.
28. It will be the responsibility of the last-place team in the Loser Playoff Bracket to pay the engraving fee for the fantasy league championship trophy known as the Big Kibbeh and for the the Toilet Bowl trophy as well.
29. All moneys won from the league will be paid starting week 1 of the playoffs.
30. At no point during the season will a new rule be implemented. Rules can be clarified during the season by the commish if they are not addressing every specific issue of a rule. If any rules or suggestions are brought up they will only be considered for the next year.
31. If there is a game on shabbat, any probable or questionable players will not be able to be moved in or out of lineups before the game. What we’ll do for the 2 finalists is this: They will send me a scenario on Friday before Shabbat that will allow for them to have the player that’s active in their line up no matter what. This only applies if the player doesn’t play. If he plays one snap it’s considered a start. I will adjust the lineup after the games sat to reflect the change. This also will only apply to players with questionable/probable tags and not for every player on your team. Also note that the player you plan on replacing with, should be on your roster on Friday and they should not be on waivers. I will not make any pickups for this rule only lineup changes. Those scenarios for questionable players need to be emailed to me and to opponent. If it is not emailed it will not count. (AKA “The Shabbat Rule”)
32. If there is a game on holiday and any probable or questionable players will not be able to be moved in or out of lineups before the game since we are able to make any changes. What we’ll do for anyone who has this potential problem is this: They will send me a scenario on the day before the Holiday that will allow for them to have the player that’s active in their line up no matter what. This only applies if the player doesn’t play. If he plays one snap it’s considered a start. I will adjust the lineup after the games to reflect the change. This can apply to players with questionable/probable tags or for every player on your team as long as they are on your team when the email is sent to the commish. The player you plan on replacing with, should be on your roster and they should not be on waivers. I will not make any pickups for this rule only lineup changes. Those scenarios need to be emailed to the commish only and not any opponents. If it is not emailed it will not count. (AKA “The Holiday Rule”).
Article VII – Scoring Settings
These are the scoring options set for the Mazza League.
The Mazza league uses fractional points and negative points.
|Passing Yards||30 yards per point
2 points at 300 yards; 3 points at 400 yards; 3 points at 500 yards
|Rushing Yards||10 yards per point
3 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 150 yards; 3 points at 200 yards
|Receiving Yards||10 yards per point
2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 2 points at 200 yards
|Field Goals 0-19 Yards||3|
|Field Goals 20-29 Yards||3|
|Field Goals 30-39 Yards||3|
|Field Goals 40-49 Yards||3|
|Field Goals 50+ Yards||4|
|Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards||-2|
|Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards||-1|
|Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards||-1|
|Point After Attempt Made||1|
|Point After Attempt Missed||-2|
|Defense/Special Teams||League Value|
|Kickoff & Punt Return TD||6|
|Points Allowed 0 points||10|
|Points Allowed 1-6 points||7|
|Points Allowed 7-13 points||4|
|Points Allowed 14-20 points||1|
|Points Allowed 21-27 points||0|
|Points Allowed 28-34 points||-2|
|Points Allowed 35+ points||-4|
|Extra Point Returned||2|